Lusail City Schools
In 2014 Lusail City, a development city in Qatar, published a tender call for school and kindergarten operators and Educational Facility Developers. Lusail would offer the plot for a subsidized lease agreement for the investors and the school operators. Mikati Partners ( Qatari company: Al Mannai Events: Snowcomms Group 49% partner ) submitted interest to bid and signed an MOU with a school educational operator and a potential contractor. The process for the selection of the school operator was divided into two phases:
Phase 1: Pre-Qualification Questionnaire: The pre-proposal phase: Lusail City collects information regarding the School Operators based on which it evaluates eligibility of such Operators to participate to Phase Two
Phase 2: The Proposal: For the selected School Operators and/or any other entities invited by Lusail City, during which Lusail would evaluate proposals and subsequently select and appoint a qualified School Operator to provide education/school services for each plot within Lusail City.
Snowcomms won the project and signed the contract on April 2015.
- Research and identify a list of school operator
- Contact, explain and trigger their interest
- Manage the negotiation and terms with the operator
- Study the proposal and the city and select the plot and the rationale behind it
- Manage and set accurate expectation for the stakeholders all year round to commit
- Submit Phase 1 Prequalification Questionnaire and get selected to Phase 2 among huge competition
- Submit Phase 2 the feasibility study and assumptions and terms and conditions against main players
- Negotiate with the Lusail city and sign the contract
Lusail City Schools Design Guidelines
Lusail City Education Leaflet
From right to left: Essa Al Mannai, Chairman Al Mannai Events trading under Snowcomms and Essa Kaladari, CEO Lusail City