What we believe in...
Our unlimited love for our three children and the family’s wellbeing led us to reassess the way we lived our lives. From the eating habits, the way we perceive the world today, global everything, technology to the very core of every family – our philosophy in life.
Having Mediterranean origins indirectly means – we love food and everything around it, but not just any food! Pre-requisites include: homey, healthy, natural, organic and prepared with the highest quality ingredients available. That was the key word – Availability! Teaching our children to eat healthy and organic, led us to create the Mikati Partners Trading Company to be able to directly import super foods, natural and organic products from all around the world and bring them to you.
We hope our love for quality products, fair trade and honest producers will win your support.
Why organic food is healthier?
- Organic produce contains fewer pesticides. Chemicals such as fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides are widely used in conventional agriculture and residues remain on (and in) the food we eat.
- Organic food is often fresher because it doesn’t contain preservatives that make it last longer. Organic produce is often (but not always, so watch where it is from) produced on smaller farms near where it is sold.
- Organic farming is better for the environment. Organic farming practices reduce pollution, conserve water, reduce soil erosion, increase soil fertility, and use less energy. Farming without pesticides is also better for nearby birds and animals as well as people who live close to farms.
- Organically raised animals are NOT given antibiotics, growth hormones, or fed animal byproducts. Feeding livestock animal byproducts increases the risk of mad cow disease (BSE) and the use of antibiotics can create antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria.
- Organically-raised animals are given more space to move around and access to the outdoors, which help to keep them healthy.
- Organic meat and milk are richer in certain nutrients. The findings of a 2016 European study show that levels of certain nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, were up to 50 percent higher in organic meat and milk than in conventionally raised versions.
- Organic food is GMO-free. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or genetically engineered (GE) foods are plants whose DNA has been altered in ways that cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding, most commonly in order to be resistant to pesticides or produce an insecticide